More evidence to the power of quality content and creativity. Over 5 million views on YouTube – who needs MTV!? Justice is old news, I know, but they are everywhere right now.
First, you have to watch the original spot below, but then check out these creative remixes. I have to applaud Cadbury for being so open minded. I have no idea if this resulted in a single incremental sale of the chocolate bar, but if they have grand plans to elevate their cultural status, they got off to a good start in 2007.
- The Warp Brothers
- Skillz – 290,000 views!
- Minor Threat
- Gorilla as Dave Grohl
- Total Eclipse of the Heart – 372,000 views
But I have to say… the original is still the best.
My favorite spot from 2007 hands down! Volume up!
- Bulky, dirty sneakers will complement tight jeans. Think Jordan 6-10s with skinny jeans on hipsters. Note: This is not a sneaker-head thing… more of a waify, pasty hipster thing. Hipsters will rebel against the current trend of wearing women’s Keds.
- The lines between streetwear and luxury will continue to blur. The more mature streetwear kids will step their game up, which will no doubt require new jobs. Nigo has been spotted in a vest/tie/jacket combo more in the last 3 months of 2007 than in the last 10 years. You’ll hear streetwear kids rattle off high-end designers/labels with ease.
- Legacy will be the dominate theme of 2008. Brands with a real history will reign supreme. Think Levis, Vans, Stussy, Reebok, Carhartt, etc. The hot new-ish brands will stick around, but nobody will be excited about new brands, and nobody will want to endorse them. That is not to say that new brands won’t give it a shot, but it will not be pretty. Hypebeast has already reached total laughable status.
- More to come…. I still have few weeks until 2008.
How appropriate is this one.
If David Bowie was magically teleported from this clip in 1977 to the present, there is no doubt he’d still be the coolest guy in the room – landing all of the ladies (and dudes).
9. Mark Ronson
8. The Smiths
7. Echo and the Bunnymen
6. Depeche Mode
3. 50 Cent
2. Peter, Bjorn and John
1. Kanye West